JOB TITLE: Upvc workshop & Delivery Operative/Design Studio Coordinator
REPORTS TO: uPVC & Workshop Managers, Overlay Glass Artist, Office staff
SUMMARY OF POST: Predominately working within a workshop environment by performing a variety of tasks whilst assisting the uPVC and Trade Centre Managers. Delivering a variety of products to sites. Assisting Overlay glass artist & creating decorative panels.
SALARY: As agreed within contract of employment
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the workshop, yard, Design Studio and surrounding areas.
- Loading and delivering products.
- Assist installation teams when required.
- Carry out remedial repairs and service calls.
- Ensure the quality standards of the organisation are adhered too.
- Liaise with Design Studio customers regarding themed and subjects to be designed.
- Assemble cut pieces into design pattern.
- The trainee will carry out all tasks within their level of skill and ability.
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations and guidelines always.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation to achieve the overall objectives of the business
- Driving Licence
- Knowledge and experience with hand tools and power tools
- The ability to work across a range of activities within a workshop environment
- The willingness to learn new skills and undertake directions
- Good customer service skills
- Product knowledge
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
|Existing||Positive behaviour||Negative behaviour|
|Customer focused||Responds professionally and appropriately to customer requests
Goes the extra mile
Take responsibility for own decision making
Ensures relevant information is shared with the appropriate staff
Treats every situation in the strictest of confidence
Listens to customers
|Does not listen to customers
Is negative when dealing with situations
Keeps information to self
Fails to recognise when a customer may feel uncomfortable with a discussion
|Forward thinking||Effectively plans work
Contributes ideas at staff meetings to help move the business forward
Takes responsibility for own personal development
|Poor time management/planning skills
Negative or no input at staff meetings
Little or no interest in own personal development
|Professional||Treat all employees and customers with respect
Take pride in all work completed by self
Maintain confidentiality at all times
Manage workload through time management
Answer the phone with a smile
Offer support to other staff when able
Take responsibility for own actions
|Listening/encouraging or taking part in office gossip
Constantly miss deadlines set
Negative attitude towards work and/or colleagues
Does not listen to others
Blames other when things go wrong
Unable to stay on task
|Aspirational||Positive behaviour||Negative behaviour|
|Strives to be the best||Continuously looking for better ways of working
Has a positive approach towards their work/ colleagues/ business
Works towards their own professional development
|Becomes jaded within their role
Negative attitude towards work/ colleagues/business
Little or no interest in own self development
Does not encourage others within the team
|Approachable||Communicates with all staff in a professional and friendly manner
Follows actions through
Remains impartial during discussions
Does not listen to the needs of the customer or employee
Is negative in response to discussions
Does not follow actions through